The Bear’s Children’s Fund (BCF) was proudly established by CFBR-FM in the fall of 1992. Since that date this amazing fund has done an immense amount of good work in the City of Edmonton.
Here’s what we mean.
Throughout the year The Bear raises money specifically for the Bear’s Children’s Fund through sales of Bear babes calendars and many private fundraising initiatives by our listeners and clients.
As well, clients, friends, listeners do several events throughout the year and donate the proceeds to the Fund. The total money raised, and donated, is simply staggering.
To date, well over $2.5 million dollars has been donated to very worthy causes in the City of Edmonton. The list is now too long to chronicle but here are just a few great examples of the people that the Bear’s Children’s Fund has donated to:
- Kids Kottage – supporting children in need
- Edmonton Public Schools Foundation – Funding full day Kindergarten in Some of Edmonton’s socially challenged area’s.
- Stollery Children’s Hospital – funding research, equipment, and social support
- Camp He Ho Ha - to provide safe and rewarding recreational opportunities to children and adults with physical and mental challenges
- Cinderella’s Closet – Providing formal prom and graduation clothing to less fortunate teens
- Ronald McDonald House - to provide free 'home away from home' accommodation for families who have children with long stays at local hospitals ...
- Ekota School Music Program – Provided drums and other musical instruments for the music program
- Rainbow Society of Alberta – providing wishes for chronically and terminally ill children.
- Camp Warwa - to improve the lives of children and youth through outdoor experiential programs.
- Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton - delivering programs that address the physical, emotional, academic and overall wellness of children and youth.
As well, several donations have been kept confidential to honour the sensitivity of the families affected by the loss of a parent or a child. Suffice to say many ‘trust funds’ have been set up, privately, by The Bear’s Children’s Fund to assist the families during this terrible transition time.
The Bear’s Children’s Fund is thee largest single ‘media’ fund in the City of Edmonton. We work year round to make life better for all families and we’re extremely proud of our work within this great fund.
If you wish to APPLY for a donation please use the link below you’ll find all the information you need.
If you wish to DONATE to the Bear’s Children’s Fund please direct your note to our Program Director, Rob Vavrek, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Big thanks to our friends at CARSTAR Collision and Glass
in Edmonton for their support of The Bear Children’s Fund!
Our listeners and clients MAKE this amazing fund work and for that we sincerely say "THANK YOU."
CLICK HERE to request funding..
Well over 2.5 million has been donated since 1992!